Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jew and Improved













For as long as I can remember I have had a fascination with Judaism. I am just in love with the spirituality, community, humour, attractiveness and basically everything that is involved with being jewish.

I ran into this book on one of my frequent trips to chapters and it seemed right up my alley. Its Benjamin Errett's story of when he converted to judaism for his wife. Not only did this book teach me a lot about the jewish faith but it was pretty darn funny too.

Errett's wife is an illustrator and designed the cover and also illustrated the chapters. I have to say this book's title and cover design made it quite the head turner on the subway.

Now to be honest this story is not the most riveting thing I have ever read. But I learned from it what I hoped and that was to get a better glimpse at what converting to Judaism is all about. Now if I could only find my jew in shining yamaka, then maybe I can get the ball rolling.

For an example of Errett's humour see his Bubby Blurb below:

No comments:

Post a Comment