Sunday, April 11, 2010

TROLLTASTIC

I love anything that reminds me of my childhood. And due to those huge satellite dish's of the early 90's I have a lot of great memories of bad movies. One of them being Troll 2. Troll 2 is a movie about an average family who take a trip to a small town named Nilbog. The young son's dead grandfather visits him at night to tell him stories of goblins and warn him of their existence. Goblin's apparently get you to eat food tainted with their green magic concoctions which will eventually turn your body into a half plant half human goo, a goblin's favourite snack. This is by far the worst movie of all time. Apparently this feeling is unanimous because there is a new documentary out about this terrible flick.

After watching the trailer, this seems to be right up my alley. I love the awfulness of this movie and although I never stopped to think of where the actors (if you can call them that) are now, how the director felt about his piece of work or the other adoring fans out there, knowing that the information exists packaged in a nice documentary, makes me really curious.

If you haven't seen this movie, WATCH IT. Its hilarious. First of all the movie is about Goblins not trolls, the goblin costumes are so horrible only one has a moving mouth and the script is ridiculous! Some of my favourite lines:

(joshua's dead grandfather reminds him who he's talking to)
Seth: These evil creatures can transform themselves into fleas-and-blood people whenever and however they want.
Joshua: You're making a mistake Grandpa. Who said they can? You should of said they could or what kind of fairy tale is it?
Seth: They can! They CAN! Goblins still exist! Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

(joshua alone, discovers trolls eating his mom and says the obvious)
Joshua: They're eating my mom!
Troll: Do you want some, Joshua?

Thats really not the worst of it, here is a clip to seal the deal.


I'm thrilled to find out that others share my joy in the comedic awfulness of this movie. I can't wait to see this documentary. Here is the trailer!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment